UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor headspin
Visitor

Can I redistribute the code inside the Language Template?

Jump to solution

I am writing modules using chisel3, which is a DSL for hardware and convert the code into Verilog to be used by Vivado.

However, in chisel3, the initial block for BRAM is not supported.

So now I have to use the BRAM Verilog code from language template window in Vivado.

Now I wonder if I am permitted to use the language template outside of Vivado in my chisel3 project? And I wonder if it is legal to publish the project with the BRAM Verilog code?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I redistribute the code inside the Language Template?

Jump to solution

Hi @headspin

UG 901 has various BRAM examples for its inference in Vivado. You can use it in your project. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_1/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf

(Page 74, click on link and download the zip) 

Regarding the legal thing, you might need to ask your FAE. I am not sure about it because we do handle technical issues here. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
1 Reply

Re: Can I redistribute the code inside the Language Template?

Jump to solution

Hi @headspin

UG 901 has various BRAM examples for its inference in Vivado. You can use it in your project. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_1/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf

(Page 74, click on link and download the zip) 

Regarding the legal thing, you might need to ask your FAE. I am not sure about it because we do handle technical issues here. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.