cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Critical warnings [Synth 8.5559] and [Synth 8-3352] with Vivado 2016.3

When migrating form Vivado 2016.2 to 2016.3 I got suddenly 6944 instances of the following critical warnings

CRITICAL WARNING: [Synth 8-5559] multi-driven net I1 is connected to constant driver, other driver is ignored
CRITICAL WARNING: [Synth 8-3352] multi-driven net I1 with 1st driver pin 'gmem_controller_insti_6/i_212/O'

These critical warnings are generated at technology mapping and they refer to some vhdl unit that I wrote myself.

The old project is still working well.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Critical warnings [Synth 8.5559] and [Synth 8-3352] with Vivado 2016.3

HI @m.alkadi

Do you not get these warnings in 2016.2?
Please show the corresponding code.

Aside: This AR explains the common reason multi driven warnins arise.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60013.html

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi nagabhar,

I do not get any critical warning with 2016.2.

I cann't determine which part of my code causes the problem with 2016.3. The critical warnings are generated at technology mapping and the net names are not really helpful.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post the code. Anyway I'm using it since 2 years and it worked perfectly with all previous versions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @m.alkadi

We need a test case to understand whats changed in 2016.3 . If you have access to Xilinx Service request portal , please rise an SR.

From warnings itself , it seems net I1 has two drivers , a constant and  'gmem_controller_insti_6/i_212/O. after synthesis , you can check the netlist for "gmem_controller_insti_6/i_212" and see what its output is driving.

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@m.alkadi

Can you verify the net connection by opening the synthesized design? Search for the net mentioned in the warning "'gmem_controller_insti_6/i_212/O"

We expect the results should be better or same with the new release, if this is not the case I will raise a CR after reproducing the issue. 

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos