UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: [Common 17-1294] Unable to create directory [.../realtime]

Jump to solution

I am using Vivado 2018.1 for Kintex-7 devices (mostly 160T/325T -1 devices) and I seem to keep getting this random error now and then when I run synthesis in my projects.

I typically run multiple synthesis runs at a time which I launch using "launch_runs -jobs 4 synth_A synth_B synth_C" and it seems that at least one of them always gives me this error lately.

synth1.png

synth2.png

Has anybody seen this before and know of a solution?   

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ERROR: [Common 17-1294] Unable to create directory [.../realtime]

Jump to solution

@anusheel / @hemangd,

Yes, I am using Windows 10 OS.   I have not seen the issue consistently so it is hard to say if it happens with non customized synthesis runs or not.  I suspect it has something to do with launching multiple runs simultaneously.   Also, since I cannot get it to happen every time I do not really have a specific project I can share which is guaranteed to produce the error.

I was mostly hoping somebody had seen the error before as well and would have some inputs.

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

Please provide a testcase (archived project) to check the root cause of this issue.  

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.

Jump to solution

@tim_severance

Are you using Windows OS? Can you try to shorten the project path and let us know if that helps.

Also, I can see that you are launching manually created runs, can you try to run default synth_1 created by tool? 

Thanks

Anusheel 

Thanks
Anusheel
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@anusheel / @hemangd,

Yes, I am using Windows 10 OS.   I have not seen the issue consistently so it is hard to say if it happens with non customized synthesis runs or not.  I suspect it has something to do with launching multiple runs simultaneously.   Also, since I cannot get it to happen every time I do not really have a specific project I can share which is guaranteed to produce the error.

I was mostly hoping somebody had seen the error before as well and would have some inputs.

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

The same just happened to me.

Twice I ran 

reset_run synth_IP10
reset_run impl_IP10
launch_runs impl_IP10 -to_step write_bitstream -jobs 2

with different changes in the code,

after a third time, I get this error.

However when I reset manually and let it run from the "buttons" instead of the TCL console, it works.

Strange...

System: Windows 2012, Vivado 2018.1

0 Kudos