UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor fengyu.qian
Visitor

Error generate output products: [IP_Flow 19-3286] Unsupported VHDL data type 'INTEGER' for bool value.

Hi,

I'm doing the design with some vendor IP. I am using Vivado 2017.2 and Windows 10. When I set verilog as target language, everything works well. But if I changed to VHDL, I will get the following errors when generating output products. The error seems sporadic, because sometimes it worked fine. Also it always worked on Linux. I suspect it could be my environment issue. Can someone help?

Here are the errors:

[IP_Flow 19-3286] Unsupported VHDL data type 'INTEGER' for bool value.

[IP_Flow 19-153] Failed to convert bool value 'false' to HDL value.

[IP_Flow 19-153] Failed to convert bool value 'true' to HDL value.

(16 similar errors within above)

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Error generate output products: [IP_Flow 19-3286] Unsupported VHDL data type 'INTEGER' for bool value.

@fengyu.qian,

Can you show us how INTEGER is set or defined in RTL? Found the following related Answer record:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58038.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor fengyu.qian
Visitor

Re: Error generate output products: [IP_Flow 19-3286] Unsupported VHDL data type 'INTEGER' for bool value.

@syedz

Thank you for your quick reply.

That answer record help me less...

The problematic IP is in Verilog, and the IP packager defines bool type for some parameters. see the attachment. When Vivado generates the wrapper VHDL for the IP, it seems unable to translate these parameter to 'INTEGERS' as generic,because I don't find these parameter defined in the auto generated VHDL.

This is what I found. Thanks!

Capture_bool.JPG
0 Kudos

@fengyu.qian,

Glad to know the shared answer record helped. Please close this forum thread by marking the post as "Accept as solution"

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
0 Kudos
Visitor fengyu.qian
Visitor

@syedz

No, that didn't help me, I cannot accept it as solution.

0 Kudos

Hi @fengyu.qian,

Could you share a test case?

Thanks,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos