cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stendek
Visitor
Visitor

Error when synthesizing: Entity does not exist in library <work>.

Hi.
I have compiled the different source files of my ISE 7.1i project, but when I proceed to synthesize them, two error messages appear.

The error messages are:

ERROR:HDLParsers:340 - "F:/Sanchez/Aritmetica/FDTDv1-enteros/tipos.vhd" Entity <mainfdtd> does not exist in library <work>.

ERROR:Xst:1867 - Entity <mainfdtd> not found, Recompile it.

No matter if I try to synthesize a component source or the main source (mainfdtd.vhd), the same error messages appear. However, it seems to me rather strange, because the "tipos.vhd" source is a VHDL package file.

Can you help me please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
flitch@mbda
Contributor
Contributor

Just a couple of wild guesses as there is not enough information for anything else:

1. Have you instantiated an entity with something that is actually a function or proceedure? - or vice versa.

2. XST synthesis is normally run from a script file of some sort. For EDK this is the .pao (peripheral analysis order) file. Are your files included in this script file? and is the compilation correct order?

Cheers

Peter

0 Kudos
stendek
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, Peter.

No, I have not instantiates any entity with a function/procedure.

I don't compile with a script file. I just run the synthesize stage included in the ISE 7.i1 GUI.

Cheers

Jose.

0 Kudos
williambhunter
Visitor
Visitor

You said that tipos is a submodule of the mainfdtd, but the error message implies that the file tipos is referencing the mainfdtd module. This is most likely in a "use" statement. It seems that your hierarchy is backwards somehow. ISE is probably compiling these in the right order, submodule first, but since you reference the mainfdtd from the submodule before the mainfdtd has been compiled, you are getting this error. Could you show us the tipos file?
0 Kudos