UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL_ERROR:Xst:listutil.c:503:1.19 - Data corruption (ListDelShift) - Bad Index Process will terminate.

Hi

I had generated HDL code from HDL coder through MATLAB. And I am getting the above mentioned error while synthesis. I had no idea what is the reason behind it and how to resolve it?

Please help!

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: FATAL_ERROR:Xst:listutil.c:503:1.19 - Data corruption (ListDelShift) - Bad Index Process will terminate.

@pranavstellar

Can you please post the complete log file here?

Thanks
Anusheel 

0 Kudos

Re: FATAL_ERROR:Xst:listutil.c:503:1.19 - Data corruption (ListDelShift) - Bad Index Process will terminate.

Here is the Log file @anusheel

Started process "Synthesize".

=========================================================================
*                          HDL Compilation                              *

Compiling vhdl file
C:/Xilinx/bin/imcomp2/mlhdlc_fixpt_pkg.vhd in Library work.
Compiling vhdl file C:/Xilinx/bin/imcomp2/../../../Users/hp/Desktop/compression/codegen/mlhdlc/hdlsrc/mlhdlc_fixpt.vhd in Library work.
Architecture rtl of Entity mlhdlc_fixpt is up to date.

*                                      		 HDL Analysis                               *

Analyzing Entity <mlhdlc_fixpt> (Architecture <rtl>).

FATAL_ERROR:Xst:listutil.c:503:1.19 - Data corruption (ListDelShift) - Bad Index   Process will terminate.  To resolve this error, please consult the Answers Database and other online resources at http://support.xilinx.com. If you need further assistance, please open a Webcase by clicking on the "WebCase" link at http://support.xilinx.com
ERROR: XST failed
Process "Synthesize" did not complete.

Thanks 

Pranav !

0 Kudos

@pranavstellar

What happens when you synthesize below module as top?

Entity <mlhdlc_fixpt> (Architecture <rtl>).

Thanks
Anusheel 

0 Kudos

@anusheel

I am working on a project FPGA implementation of Image compression. I had written MATLAB design function for this and it is successfully working in MATLAB.

Then, I had used HDL coder for converting this Matlab function into vhdl code while keeping all the necessary points in mind for conversion. 

HDL coder has generated these two files. mlhdlc_fixpt.vhd and mlhdlc_fixpt_pkg.vhd.

When I try to run synthesis in Xilinx project navigator, After almost 3-4 minutes this error gets generated.

Thanks !

Pranav

0 Kudos

@pranavstellar

Please let us know the ISE version and device used to compile these files.

Thanks
Anusheel 

0 Kudos

@anusheel

Actually I am very new to all these processes. I dont know which version is to be used. But, probably I used ISE 6.1. Screenshot attached for figuring it out.

Screenshot (325).png
0 Kudos

@pranavstellar

You are using very old tool and that too on unsupported OS platform. Please use latest version on ISE which supports the targeted device:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/15938.html

Thanks
Anusheel

0 Kudos