Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Failed to compress file

Jump to solution

When I try to synthesize (anything - IP core, or just a trivial VHDL file)  Vivado error's out with the following messages posted below.  I have no idea what these messages mean or how to fix the problem.  I've attached the "runme.log" file that has the complete log for more information.  In this case Vivado is trying to synthesize an FFT core.  A little more information: the .Xil directory in the path below is empty.  Hope someone can tell me what the problem is.

Thanks

Doug

INFO: [Common 17-14] Message 'Synth 8-3331' appears 100 times and further instances of the messages will be disabled. Use the Tcl command set_msg_config to change the current settings.
Failed to compress file C:/Users/ext.doug.barker/Apps/prjA/project_a/project_a.runs/xfft_2_synth_1/.Xil/Vivado-972-KeyW-2XRPTZ1/elab.rtd.  Please check the path and rerun synthesis.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finished RTL Elaboration : Time (s): cpu = 00:01:40 ; elapsed = 00:01:41 . Memory (MB): peak = 969.613 ; gain = 271.539
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RTL Elaboration failed
INFO: [Common 17-83] Releasing license: Synthesis
6 Infos, 100 Warnings, 0 Critical Warnings and 1 Errors encountered.
synth_design failed
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: Synthesis failed - please see the console or run log file for details
INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting Vivado at Fri Mar 23 12:49:16 2018...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Thanks @dbarker for the update.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

@dbarker

Please let us know below details:

1. Are you able to synthesize/run any Xilinx example design?

2. What happens when you use a different directory: other than "C:/Users/ext.doug.barker/Apps/"

3. Did you try uninstalling and re-installing the tool?

Thanks

Anusheel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Anushee,

Thank you for the response.  When I moved the project out of the "C:/Users/ext.doug.barker/"  to "C:/Apps" then everything worked as normal.  I think the problem is associated with the security settings on this computer.  Anyway, problem fixed.

Thanks
Doug

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks @dbarker for the update.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos