Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ukoolele
Visitor
Visitor

Failed to create MACRO shape for instance

Hello,

I don't understand what this error means : 

[Shape Builder 18-119] Failed to create MACRO shape for instance my_files. Failed to add instance CAM1_SERTC_P to a new IO-MACRO shape. The instance already belongs to a shape and its new location conflicts with the one in the existing shape.

It's for a FPGA project, and because of this warning in the synthesis I can't make the implementation.

Thanks you !

Ukoolele

0 Kudos
1 Reply
amaccre

Hi @Ukoolele ,

This looks like a placement constraints issue. Certain elements / IP etc reserve LOCations in order to build a shape. If two are trying to use the same location then you will have problems Implementing the design. If you check the implementation log files / messages in the gui then it should provide more details on what the source of the error is.

Sometimes these messages also provide commands to let you temporarily work around the issue so that you can investigate further

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos