UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant brian.trotter
Participant

Generate Output Products on Remote Host

It seems that Vivado will not generate output products for IP or block designs on remote hosts, even when remote hosts is selected in the Generate Output Products dialog. This is true for any synthesis option.

To reproduce: select Generate Output Products... from the context menu of an IP or block diagram. Select Global, Out of context per IP, or Out of context per Block Diagram for the Synthesis Options. Select On remote hosts for the Run Settings. Select Generate.

The job(s) run locally and not on the remote host. Looking through the tcl, the -host option is not used. Running on a remote host does work when synthesising or implementing the project, so I know the remote host is configured correctly.

Can anyone confirm this behavior? Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I am running Vivado 2015.4.2 on ubuntu 14.04.4.

Tags (2)
6 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Generate Output Products on Remote Host

We are experiencing the same behavior in Vivado 2017.3. It looks like the issue hasn't been addressed yet. Could someone from Xilinx answer is this is a bug or a deliberate design feature?

Thanks,

Jurek

Highlighted
Visitor ralf.kundel
Visitor

Same in Vivado 2017.4

0 Kudos

Also doesn't work for me in 2018.2.
I know this is an old post now, but were any of you guys successful in getting it to do remote synthesis for OOC ip by any means?

If I click just "Run Synthesis" on the left bar in Vivado, it skips immediately to synthesizing the top level module,
which will fail out if the OOC ip hasnt already been synthesized.
Generating output products has the same bug as described in this post (synthesis is done locally).
Implementation appears to work correctly.

Why is Xilinx silent on this?
Its important for us that we be able to dish off the work of synthesizing OOC ip for performance reasons.

~Seth

0 Kudos

HI seth.kramer@spectranetix.com , 

This is an old post.

Please create a fresh new thread with your query. And community will help you out on your issue. 

And also have a look into this thread. https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Vivado-2013-2-Launching-jobs-on-a-remote-host/td-p/396861

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Participant brian.trotter
Participant

@hemangd,

This may be an old post, but that is because Xilinx has not addressed the original question and has apparently still not fixed the problem. The other post you referenced does not address the issue at hand. Instead of reproaching seth.kramer@spectranetix.com for posting to an older (but still open) thread, why doesn't Xilinx actually address the issue? I started this thread over three years ago, and the only response from Xilinx is yours from a few days ago telling us to start a new thread. Can you please either help us or bring this to the attention of someone who will?

Brian

0 Kudos
Visitor gcspec
Visitor

Completely agree with Brian.

But perhaps Xilinx would prefer customers *using Xilinx products* ask our questions about product failings on Twitter?

0 Kudos