Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ada_a
Visitor
Visitor

HELP NEEDED

Hi

Please, can someone tell me how to generate a new UCF file for a project already existing but where we have to use another target platform. How to generate the new UCF, .mhs, .mss, ... files? can we go back to BSB to change just the target platform? the project is so huge, modifying the UCF file manually would be too drastically long. Any help is welcome. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
johndap
Observer
Observer

I don't see any platform definition in my UCF configuration file. 

Select your device in the sources window, then <right-click> and select 'Properties'.  You can then change your device.  

0 Kudos
barriet
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You should probably have posted this to the "EDK and Platform Studio" board since it is really an EDK question...

A manual merge of the applicable differences is likely the best bet.

If you are stuck for ideas, I would recommend:

-take existing project and copy the directory structure to a new project (e.g. which I call prj2 - you can call it whatever makes sense)

-create a new project (prj3), run BSB and select the appropriate peripheral set. BSB has the option of loading an existing BSB file - I've used it to make changes to a similar project on the same board but never tried changing boards here. Regardless, you likely know what your peripherals are. The output of BSB will include your ucf for your other board.

-take the ucf from prj3 and copy to prj2. You can now update your project (likely in the GUI but you could do it in the .xmp file if you are comfortable with that) to update to your new device.

There are other variations possible, e.g. the above uses the mhs/mss from the original project, but there are times where it could be more convenient to do it from prj3 and then apply your changes.

In short, BSB is the only part of the flow that helps you create the ucf file. Doing something like the above helps to leverage that work but avoid starting from scratch again.

[If any moderators read this, please move to the EDK board. Thx]

bt