Did you mean: 
binomex
Visitor
Visitor

Hierarchy enabling ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using Vivado 2014.3 and I have this warning when synthesizing my project:

[Netlist 29-101] Netlist 'aes128_fast' is not ideal for floorplanning, since the cellview 'aes128_fast' contains a large number of primitives. Please consider enabling hierarchy in synthesis if you want to do floorplanning.

What does it mean exactly? And how do I enable hierarchy in synthesis? I don't find any such  setting.

Thx.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos
11 Replies
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Set the flatten_hierarchy to none in synthesis settings to preserve the hierarchy.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Thanks,Vijay
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos
anusheel

Hi,

Refer below AR for information on -flatten_hierarchy switch:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/52257.html

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @binomex

Did that help?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
binomex
Visitor
Visitor

Yes that helped. Sorry I've forgotten to mention that.

Thank you all.

0 Kudos
ssankar1
Participant
Participant

HI,

In my design even if i keep the flatten heirarchy as none, i get the same warnning. 

Kindly let me know what to do . 

0 Kudos
knugent
Adventurer
Adventurer

In my design also even if I set the flatten heirarchy as none, i get the same warnning.

Pleaese assist to what to do to resolve this warning.

0 Kudos
hemangd

Hi @knugent ,

You are replying to an old post. 

Kindly create a new thread with your detailed query so community can help you better.

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
knugent
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sorry but this relates to same problem ssankar1 reported and no one commented on this matter. 

0 Kudos
hemangd

Hi @knugent ,

This thread is already closed and marked as accepted solution. 

Even if your issue is same you have to create a new thread so community can help you better. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
sravi

Hi , 

I am also facing the same problem. Even after setting flatten hierarchy to "NONE". I ma getting same error which is " Design is not ideal for floor planning, since xxx contains a large number of primitives. Please consider enabling hierarchy in synthesis if you want to do floor planning".

Please suggest...

0 Kudos