UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor xxmhs
Visitor

How do I use a NGC file toanother ISE project.

Hi!

I got a IP core from the Xilinx .After System Generator and creat a lot of files include a ISE project file.

I open the ISE file and synthesis it create a NGC file. And then I create an another completely new ISE project.

My ploblem is that how could I use that NGC file as a black box and add to the new project. Because at the top_level file I must use the interface in the IP core. 

Thanks . I am sorry about my english level.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How do I use a NGC file toanother ISE project.

Hi,

Copy all the NGC in one directory, and there is an option at Ngdbuild "Macro Search Path", please give the NGC directory path near this option. Please check the screenshot attached.

Thanks

ngc.bmp
0 Kudos
Visitor xxmhs
Visitor

Thanks you very much. I got a question  that there is only one  NGC file and why did you say all the NGC files.And after I do all what you say and what is the next step. I am a newfish in xilinx. And can you tell me more detail?

thanks again!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Use BoxType (BOX_TYPE) constraint on the IP core so that to skip synthesis on the core. Please check XST User Guide < http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_2/xst.pdf > page no: 200 à explains the BOX_TYPE constraint.

0 Kudos
Visitor xxmhs
Visitor

Hi! Thank you very much. I have solved that ploblem.I copy the NGC file to the new project directory.

Next I write a wrapped file referencing the .v file.Then I instance the black box as the usual module.

Can you give me your contract way so that I can ask for help when I get a ploblem. Thanks.

My e-mail :xuxiaoming-1986@163.com

0 Kudos