Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How to Generate the Design checkpoint file of block design based on Vivado 17.2

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have just update Vivado from 14.4 to 17.2. How to generate or get the Design checkpoint file (of block design) for the whole design?  I clicked on generate the block diagram. In Vivado 14.4, a single folder "synch1" is created and I can find my design_1.dcp in:

o<project location>\<project name>.runs\<design_1_synth_1\<design_1.dcp

However, in Vivado 17.2, several folders are created for every item in the design, and each has a .dcp file. Where I can find the design_1.dcp file for block design and not for wrapper. A snapshot has been added for the contents of project_1.runs

Best Regards

Abdo

project runs contents.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to Generate the Design checkpoint file of block design based on Vivado 17.2

Jump to solution

Hi @abdo.gaber

How to generate or get the Design checkpoint file (of block design) for the whole design?

You need to select ooc per bd while generating the output products.

oocper_bd.JPG

This way dcp of complete bd will be generated instead of individual dcp per IP. Actually you have selected ooc per IP, which creates dcp of individual IP in the BD. 

For more information on the option refer the below link, page 77:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug994-vivado-ip-subsystems.pdf

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to Generate the Design checkpoint file of block design based on Vivado 17.2

Jump to solution

Hi @abdo.gaber

How to generate or get the Design checkpoint file (of block design) for the whole design?

You need to select ooc per bd while generating the output products.

oocper_bd.JPG

This way dcp of complete bd will be generated instead of individual dcp per IP. Actually you have selected ooc per IP, which creates dcp of individual IP in the BD. 

For more information on the option refer the below link, page 77:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug994-vivado-ip-subsystems.pdf

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
Hello Rohit,

really many thanks for your time and your support.

best regards

Abdo
0 Kudos