cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

How to get complete list of problems on DRC when sayd (the first n of m listed)? Vivado 2016.4

For some issues in DRC after synthesis (or implementation), one can get a long list of problems. For example, when a bus is added but the pins aren't locked. The DRC window tells me the problem, then lists some of the pins, then something such as "(the first 15 of 18 listed)". How do I get the full list of 18?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @bcarltontrex

Did you try selecting report DRC window like this.

pinssdrc.PNG

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

@bcarltontrex

Under Implementation you can see Report DRC this will report all the DRC's violation(if any).

Refer the video for more information on DRC.

https://www.xilinx.com/video/hardware/running-design-rule-checks-drcs-in-vivado.html

Thanks,

Asit

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

drc.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks @asitm . I really got many info from video link you shared
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

@asitm, the DRC table does not list the full list. See this screen shotfirst 15 of 33 listed Vivado DRC.png

I'll look at that video next.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@bcarltontrex

Are you looking for a document which can list all the possible DRC checks available in Vivado? or your question is specific to the reported DRC on your design?

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

@anusheel, This is specific to the getting a complete list reported DRC problems in my design. Not all possible DRC checks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

@anusheel, it would seem a TCL command along the lines of

set_msg_config -id {[[DRC RSTAT-1]]} -limit 1000

would help by increasing the limit of n to 1000. But RSTAT-1 doesn't seem to be a message ID, but the 1 just is the 1st message. Is there a message ID that I can change the limit of?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Any reply to this.  I am running into a similar issue, in that the number of violations exceeds 20 for REQP-1839 and REQP-1840, so no details are provided.

0 Kudos