Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rty
Observer
Observer

How to prevent implementation of shift registers in BRAM

Jump to solution

Hello.

I have a project in Vivado 2016.4 which contains the verilog file with shift registers that I want to be implemented with SRL primitives.

I am using such directive in the file:

(* shreg_extract = "yes" *)module

It works fine until I set the synthesis directive = AreaOptimized_high.

In that case my shift registers begin to be implemented as BRAM.

How can I prevent implementation of my shift registers as BRAM? Is it possible to use some synthesis directive?

Or the only way is to set synthesis directive = AreaOptimized_medium?

Thank you in advance for answers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thakurr

Hi @rty

Try using SRL_STYLE attribute but please note that this attribute can be applied only on the signals and has to declared in the RTL only. Refer below link, page 58 for more information on this:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_3/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
thakurr

Hi @rty

Try using SRL_STYLE attribute but please note that this attribute can be applied only on the signals and has to declared in the RTL only. Refer below link, page 58 for more information on this:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_3/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
rty
Observer
Observer

This helped me, thank you.