UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor sylee119
Visitor

How to reduce Synthesis and Implementation time in VIVADO?

Jump to solution

Deal all,

I'm trying to reduce the Synthesis and Implementation time in VIVADO.

and I found some article from here. https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62215.html 

But I can't find where exactly these options existed in VAVADO 2014.4.1.

•  Use the "-quick" option. 
    Running Vivado Synthesis with the -quick option will greatly reduce run time as there are little or no optimizations performed.
  •  Use the "RunTimeOptimized" directive. 
    The RunTimeOptimized directive is another method of reducing the optimizations performed by Vivado Synthesis. 
    The "synth_design -help" option returns the following information:

Would you please let me know more exactly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to reduce Synthesis and Implementation time in VIVADO?

Jump to solution

Hi @sylee119,

>> But I can't find where exactly these options existed in VAVADO 2014.4.1.

Run "synth_design -help" in tcl console of Vivado and you will get the options and directives to use with this command. 

i.e. synth_design -effort_level quick 

i.e. synth_design -directive runtimeoptimized

Note: Some run time improvements come at the expense of quality of results. This is not always the case, but turning off various optimizations will improve the run time of synthesis.

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @sylee119,

>> But I can't find where exactly these options existed in VAVADO 2014.4.1.

Run "synth_design -help" in tcl console of Vivado and you will get the options and directives to use with this command. 

i.e. synth_design -effort_level quick 

i.e. synth_design -directive runtimeoptimized

Note: Some run time improvements come at the expense of quality of results. This is not always the case, but turning off various optimizations will improve the run time of synthesis.

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@sylee119

Synthesis run time depends upon the design complexity and RTL coding. Are there any big loops in the design?

Also, I can see that you are using an old version of Vivado, check the design in latest Vivado version once as we have fixed few run time related issues in the past.

Thanks

Anusheel

0 Kudos