cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ISE 10.1 xtclsh error when using synplify pro on Linux

Jump to solution

The problem I'm having is EXACTLY the one addressed in this answer record: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/32532.htm, however I'm using ISE 10.1 on Linux.  I have definitely set the location of synplify pro through the project navigator GUI, and I'm double checked that "~./Xilinx/ISE/10.1/Project Navigator/xilinxrc" reflects those settings properly.  And yet, xtclsh refuses to set the synthesis tool to synplify pro.  Is there another way to configure the location of synplify pro?  Am I just missing something?  I should mention that the EXACT same TCL script runs just fine on any number of windows machines with the same version of ISE and synplify pro.

Interestingly if I create the .ise project file in project navigator and load it in xtclsh, running "project get synthesis_tool" will cause xtclsh to crash.  Not my main problem, but certainly a telling sign that there's something very wrong here.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ISE 10.1 xtclsh error when using synplify pro on Linux

Jump to solution
The solution was to ensure that synplify pro was on the path before launching xtclsh.  I add this in the hope that the next poor person to try and debug the problem may see it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: ISE 10.1 xtclsh error when using synplify pro on Linux

Jump to solution
The solution was to ensure that synplify pro was on the path before launching xtclsh.  I add this in the hope that the next poor person to try and debug the problem may see it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos