cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajcrm125
Adventurer
Adventurer

ISE keeps corrupting project files

I can create a project, load it up with existing RTL and syntesize etc just fine, but after saving the project, if I close out ISE and then open it up again and load my project I always gets errors on my *.xise and *.gise project files.  

If I open up those files and take a look (since it looks like they're just XML) I can see the issues. It looks like the tool dumps duplicate XML code after the end of the project file.  Or.... a TON of NULL characters at the beginning of the file before the data starts.

Anyone else seen anything like this?  I just did a fresh 14.7 install and am still having the same problem.

:(

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ajcrm125

I didnt see any similar issue before.

Copy the .xise and .gise files before saving the project to a different location. 

Once you received the error, compare the .xise and .gise files with the copied ones to check the differences.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
ajcrm125
Adventurer
Adventurer

Actually I think I may have discovered the root cause. As a designer, I opten use Programmers Notepad to edit RTL, and other forms of source code.  If I run this program while ISE is running I notice I get corruption.  Looking at the processes running on my system I notice that both Programmer's Notepad and ISE Project navigator have the same process name: pn.exe

I think the OS is getting confused by the dupliacte naming and the files get corrupted.

0 Kudos