UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie a15420

Issue with syhtnesizing for the VU9P chip

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I am using the Vivado suite in a more niche context but i would like to see if anyone here might be able to give me any hints.

We are using Maxeler DFE cards that are Data-center boards that include a VU9 chip at their heart. The Board tool-flow calls the vivado suite when it comes to synthesising for the chip. In that point during building i get this error message from the external tool (vivado 2017.4 in this case).

[java] Tue 14:58: Generating input files (VHDL, netlists, vendor specific IP cores)
     [java] Tue 14:58: ERROR: Error running external tool :-
     [java] Tue 14:58: ERROR: Problem            : Error generating IP with Vivado: Errors reported in /home/maxeler/Workspace/

Numerics-chap03-example01-movingaverageexceptions-DFE/builds/Tutorial/MovingAverageExceptions_MAX5C_DFE/scratch/com_maxeler_platform_max5_toolchain_ip_fifogenerator_FifoGeneratorIp_vivado2017_4_xcVU9P_FLGB2104_2_E_34_512_34_forcebram_dualclock_rst_pf496_fwft/com_maxeler_platform_max5_toolchain_ip_fifogenerator_FifoGeneratorIp_vivado2017_4_xcVU9P_FLGB2104_2_E_34_512_34_forcebram_dualclock_rst_pf496_fwft_gen.log

It seems there is something missing from the lisencing but i have included in the lisence for the VU9P.
So i cannot understand what is missing.

This is the current lisence: https://imgur.com/Sxh4NlT

Any helpfull hints about what might be wrong is greately appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Newbie a15420

Re: Issue with syhtnesizing for the VU9P chip

Jump to solution

Hello,

In believe i found the issue in the log. The lisence was not pulled up correctly even though the lisence sever was running. It might be an issues of needing a more recent version of lmtools. I will try it out and update. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jump to solution

@a15420

Which tool you used to synthesize the design?
Can you please share the Vivado complete log here(if used).

Thanks
Anusheel 

0 Kudos
Newbie a15420

Jump to solution

Hello Anusheel,

Sorry for the late reply.

This is what i get from the tool log. It is not the log directly from vivado bu the high level tool that calls vivado 2017.4: https://pastebin.com/315Rk7s7

The tool is Called maxIDE and it is made my the DFE board desingers.

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Do you have this log file:

com_maxeler_platform_max5_toolchain_ip_fifogenerator_FifoGeneratorIp_vivado2017_4_xcVU9P_FLGB2104_2_E_34_512_34_forcebram_dualclock_rst_pf496_fwft_gen.log 

This seems to me the Vivado log file and it will provide more infor as to why it failed.

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Newbie a15420

Jump to solution

Hello,

In believe i found the issue in the log. The lisence was not pulled up correctly even though the lisence sever was running. It might be an issues of needing a more recent version of lmtools. I will try it out and update. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Newbie a15420

Jump to solution
turns out that indeed it was the flexlm version that was the problem. Using 11.14.1 actually allowed the build to complete normally. thank you for pointing me to the log
0 Kudos