cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Keeping Vivado RTL schematic open while Simulator running?

Is there a way to keep the RTL schematic open while the Simulator is running in Vivado?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Keeping Vivado RTL schematic open while Simulator running?

Hi @steve_av

Yes, Once you launch the simulation, click on run it to background and then click on schematic option as in the screenshot.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Capture.JPG
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@steve_av

Once you click on  "Open Elaborated Design" Vivado will load the schematic into the memory and will keep it into the memory. After launching the simulation, you can click on "RTL Analysis" to see the schematic again.

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Yes, I realize you can do this swapping of views but it doesn't seem like one is able to have both views open.  In my case I have multiple monitors and I'd like to have the rtl schematic open on one monitor, source code on another and simulation on the third.  I can't seem to have the schematic AND simulation windows active at the same time.  It seems Vivado can only have one of these two windows open at a given time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@steve_av

I think this is not possible. You can open a new Vivado session to open the checkpoint for this usage, but as per current infrastructure of Vivado, I think tool will load one view at a time.

Thanks,
Anusheel
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos

0 Kudos