UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Linking vivado source file to a repository

Hi,

I have a vivado project which is sopposed to be build from a source repository but mistakenly I tick "copy sources into project" while adding the sources and thus there are also copies of source files locally inside vivado project.

From this I built the project and did some changes in the files (which is in this case locally) and tested the design. The reason I am asking is there are several hundreds of files which need to be add manually and create new project and this is a lot of effort.

I would like to know is there any way in the already created project to link the source to repository from where it was added and remove all the local files?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Linking vivado source file to a repository

Hi @fpgalearner,

You can use the option "Add Directories" without selecting the option copy sources while adding the sources but you will have to re run all the runs.You have the option of replace file in Vivado but you will have to select individual file manually for that.

Thanks,

Chinmay

0 Kudos