Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

MMI and BMM is not creating if BD is in OOC Synth

Hi,

I've set my BD for OOC synth. When I do this and run bitgen, I'm getting a "CRITICAL WARNING: [Memdata 28-122] data2mem failed with a parsing error. Check the bmm file or the bmm_info_* properties on the BRAM components. The design BRAM components initialization strings have not been updated.". bitgen completed successfully, but no bmm or mmi is created.

What could be the reason for this? How setting BD for OOC synth causing this warning?

I tried write_mem_info also. :

write_mem_info test.mmi
CRITICAL WARNING: [Memdata 28-122] data2mem failed with a parsing error. Check the bmm file or the bmm_info_* properties on the BRAM components. The design BRAM components initialization strings have not been updated.
CRITICAL WARNING: [Memdata 28-148] Could not complete initialization of processor data. Could not create the file: D:/projects/k7_fpga/test.mmi
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: Failed to create mem info file.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MMI and BMM is not creating if BD is in OOC Synth

check these ARs
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63041.html
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59888.html
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59639.html

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Memdata-28-96-Could-not-find-a-BMM-INFO-DESIGN-property-in-the/td-p/384787
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @balkris ,

I couldn't find any explanation for this issue in those ARs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@rakend.r

You mean tool is failing in data2mem if block design is set to OOC and passes if Global mode is used?

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @anusheel

yes. Tool is able to create mmi and bmm file when BD is not in OOC. And this critical warning is not coming.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @rakend.r

Can you check if the SCOPED_TO_REF SCOPED_TO_CELLS properties of BMM and ELF files are set properly or not?

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @vemulad

I haven't added any elf to the project. And how to check the properties of BMM file?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @rakend.r

Right click on the BMM file in sources window and select properties.

In the properties window you will find SCOPED_TO_REF and SCOPED_TO_CELLS properties.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @vemulad

There is no BMM file added as source. So I cannot find this in sources.
0 Kudos