Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Making and using own IP on ISE

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I am a newbie in Xilinx's ISE. I am wondering, how can I make my own IP core? Also how can I implement a certain IP into my codes for example the binary counter? Can you please give me the link to the proper manuals, due to the fact that I find only for Vivado!

Thank you in advanced

P.S. I am "playing" with Spartan 6 XC6SLX9

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @bibishte

You can achieve the functionality with ISE free license. Here are the steps:

1. Create a project with your code in ISE

2. Run synthesis and generate .ngc file

3. Share this .ngc file with others and provide instantiation template to instantiate this .ngc netlist in their project.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @bibishte,

Please check this thread

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/custom-IP-core-creation-in-ISE/td-p/691502

To know more about core generator, you can refer below links -

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/cgn_p_create_custom_core.htm

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/cgn_p_add_ip_projnav_design.htm

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello @ashishd,

Let's check if i am understanding this!

So to make my own IP for ISE I have to acquire an Alliance member license for it, right? In this case scenario is there a way of setting and making my own IP that the others can use, but not manpulate the code inside of it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @bibishte

Yes, in that case you can share your IP with others but they cant manipulate the code.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello @vuppala,

Is there a way with the free license for ISE to create an entity which i can share without the option for the user of changing it? And if the answer is "yes" how? Please send me a link to the manual!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @bibishte

You can achieve the functionality with ISE free license. Here are the steps:

1. Create a project with your code in ISE

2. Run synthesis and generate .ngc file

3. Share this .ngc file with others and provide instantiation template to instantiate this .ngc netlist in their project.

Thanks,

Vinay

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you a lot team! Marking the thread as resoved! :)

0 Kudos