Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sapan533
Observer
Observer

Mapping signal names before and after synthesis

Hi,

I want to know if there is any way by which we can have the mapping between signal names before and after synthesis?

I want to have the mapping between RTL signals which is input to Vivado Synthesis and the signals in synthesized netlist.

Rgds

Sapan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
nupurs

Hi,

Apply DONT_TOUCH property. Refer to this link for details:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57727.html

Usage of DONT_TOUCH is as follows:

Verilog Example
(* dont_touch = "true" *) <signal_name>;

VHDL Example
attribute dont_touch : string;
attribute dont_touch of <signal_name> : signal is "true";

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Accept as solution if it resolved your query, give kudos(star on left) it it led you to the solution.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
arpansur

Hi @sapan533,

You can make use of hierarchical filter and * to use in XDC before synthesis.

For e.g; 

[get_cells -hierarchical -filter { NAME =~  "*ibufds_instQ0_CLK1*" } ]

can be replaced with 

[get_cells mgtEngine/gt_usrclk_source/ibufds_instQ0_CLK1]

You can also go through the following link
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62136.html

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
sapan533
Observer
Observer

@nupurs

This wont be a perfect solution as it will require me to change RTL everywhere. I am looking to use this mapping during readback. And i want to map the signal names in logic location file to that in the RTL.

RGds

Sapan

0 Kudos
dwisehart
Scholar
Scholar

If you set -flatten_hierarchy in the Synthesis settings to 'none' you will be a lot better off because the names won't change. I usually find that I get better timing with it set to none as well.

Daniel
0 Kudos
sapan533
Observer
Observer

@dwisehart

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the answer. That sounds a better option than others. But if we do not set flatten_hierarchy to NOne, is it still possible to have the signal names mapping from Vivado? I am sure there must be some way to get this information.

RGds

Sapan

0 Kudos
dwisehart
Scholar
Scholar

Not that I am aware of, Sapan, and I have looked for this type of functionality.

Daniel

0 Kudos