UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Opening Vivado synthesized design is incredibly slow

Jump to solution

I've got a design that synthesizes in ~8 minutes but it takes over 30 minutes to open in Vivado 2015.3. Most of the time seems to be spent opening and processing constraints from the OOC IPs. Is there any way to speed this up?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Opening Vivado synthesized design is incredibly slow

Jump to solution

@dcwhitehead

Can you try using tcl mode to open the checkpoint:

vivado -mode tcl

open_checkpoint path/name.dcp

start_gui

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@dcwhitehead Do you have any third party Ip in your design?  If possible can you attach your design here?

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Yes, I do have 3rd party IPs in the design; however they are marked as black-boxes for synthesis using "ATTRIBUTE SYN_BLACK_BOX of <component name> : COMPONENT is TRUE;".

Unfortunately, I cannot share the design.

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@dcwhitehead Can you try with 2015.4? Other than this i dont have any suggestions.

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@dcwhitehead

Can you try using tcl mode to open the checkpoint:

vivado -mode tcl

open_checkpoint path/name.dcp

start_gui

Thanks,
Anusheel
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@anusheel,

When I open the design in TCL mode I get critical warnings about begin unable to resolve non-primitive black box cells for all of the IPs but it certainly does speed up opening the design (~30 seconds instead of 30 minutes). I think this will work for me since I can always use read_checkpoint to fill in the black box cells manually as required.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos