UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie ece7953

Portability:3 - This xilinx application has run out of memory or has encountered a memory conflict , Windows 10

Hello everyone,

I have encountered the above error when trying to synthesize my design.

My operating system is Windows 10 , x64. I know that probably this OS is not support on ISE but the available device ( Virtex - 6 ) is not supported on Vivado and i have not other choice left.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance,

Nikos

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Portability:3 - This xilinx application has run out of memory or has encountered a memory conflict , Windows 10

n,

The official supported flow is to install a virtual Linux machine with the approved version of Linux, and install the linux version of ISE.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xcell-Daily-Blog/Good-news-for-Spartan-6-and-ISE-users-Windows-10-and-CentOS/ba-p/726081

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
Newbie ece7953

Re: Portability:3 - This xilinx application has run out of memory or has encountered a memory conflict , Windows 10

So, that is the only way? Any fix that could extended the maximum memory that can be used?

0 Kudos
Scholar austin
Scholar

Yes,

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos