Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maharjanmilan
Participant
Participant

Problem in synthesizing

Hi!

I'm synthesizing some hdl modules which I synthesized sucessfully. These modules were generated using generate button with hdlnetlist as option with system generator and interconected with each other using a top level VHDL module. After that it gave me a warning message,

WARNING:ProjectMgmt:358 - Problems were detected in the project file during open.  If you experience problems with data inconsistency we recommend that you run Project -> Cleanup Project Files.

So I cleaned up project files using Project, cleanup project files option. The next time I tried to synthesize the same code with no change, it gave me the following error and warnings

ERROR:Xst:2369 - Empty project file "D:\total_effort\top_level\top_level\top_level.prj"

WARNING:ProjectMgmt:454 - File circular dependency detected using rule: define-before-use.
WARNING:ProjectMgmt:455 - Found circular dependency consisting of the following files:
WARNING:ProjectMgmt -           D:/total_effort/top_level/condt_cs_sensor/condt_cs_sensor_cw.vhd
WARNING:ProjectMgmt -           D:/total_effort/top_level/pi_kontrol/pi_kontrol_cw.vhd
WARNING:ProjectMgmt -
WARNING:ProjectMgmt:457 - Relaxing define-before-use dependency to only entity and package declarations.
WARNING:ProjectMgmt:453 - File circular dependency detected using relaxed define-before-use rule for only entity and package declarations.
WARNING:ProjectMgmt:455 - Found circular dependency consisting of the following files:
WARNING:ProjectMgmt -           D:/total_effort/top_level/ref_current/ref_cuurent.vhd
WARNING:ProjectMgmt -           D:/total_effort/top_level/condt_cs_sensor/condt_cs_sensor.vhd
WARNING:ProjectMgmt -           D:/total_effort/top_level/ref_current/ref_cuurent.vhd
WARNING:ProjectMgmt -           D:/total_effort/top_level/condt_cs_sensor/condt_cs_sensor.vhd

WARNING:ProjectMgmt:423 - Breaking file dependency loop(s) to create a compile order.
WARNING:ProjectMgmt:445 - Due to the above cyclic loop(s) a valid compile order could not be generated.

Please help me solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Milan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
eilert
Teacher
Teacher

Hi Milan,

sometimes important project files got corrupted. Then it would be a good idea to recreate the project from scratch.

You can use "Generate Tcl Script..." in the Project Menu to save your Project state in a editable way.

If then something happens to your project files, this script can regenerate it automatically.

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert

0 Kudos
maharjanmilan
Participant
Participant

Hi Eilert,

thanks a lot for your reply. I'll try to build it from scratch. Can you elaborate more on use of the generate tcl script? Once I used generate Tcl script, how can it be used to regenerate the project files. I hope I'm not bothering you asking small details.

Milan

0 Kudos
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

You may also find a <project_name>.restore file in your project directory.  This is a Tcl script to restore

the project.  It has instructions on how to run it from the Tcl shell within ISE.  However note that if you

have opened the project again after it is corrupt, the .restore file may get corrupted, too.

HTH,

Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
eilert
Teacher
Teacher

Hi Milan,

if you start the script without parameters you get some help on the possible parameters.

They are self explaining.

start the script withthe xilinx tcl shell like this

xtclsh <yourscript>.tcl [parameter]

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert

0 Kudos