Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Problem including *.h file in Xilinx ISE

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have a quite complex design whereas one module has the following include definition at the beginning:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Global header file includes
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
`include        "sys.h" // system level definition file which contains the
                                        // time scale definition

I have added the sys.h file to the project by right click on the project and then "add source" --->
browse to directory where sys.h is located. Adding it a second time fails, because it has already

been added to the design!

When I run sythesis with Xilinx XST 10.1.03 I get the following error:
ERROR:HDLCompilers:26 - "../design/sys/iop/sparc/tlu/rtl/tlu_rrobin_picker.v" line 30 Could not find verilog include file 'sys.h'
Analysis of file <"sparc.prj"> failed.

Anyone an idea why XST ISE fails to find sys.h?

Many thanks,
Richard.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Professor
Professor

ISE does not use the project files to find the `include files for Verilog.  So in essence adding

sys.h to the project only gives you a convenient way to open it for editing.  For include files that

are not in the project directory you need to add the path to the Verilog Include Directories

under the Synthesis Properties settings.  If you use a command line flow the switch you

need is -vlgincdir

The Synthesis Properties dialog box allows you to browse to the directory to select it.

HTH,

Gabor

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Professor
Professor

ISE does not use the project files to find the `include files for Verilog.  So in essence adding

sys.h to the project only gives you a convenient way to open it for editing.  For include files that

are not in the project directory you need to add the path to the Verilog Include Directories

under the Synthesis Properties settings.  If you use a command line flow the switch you

need is -vlgincdir

The Synthesis Properties dialog box allows you to browse to the directory to select it.

HTH,

Gabor

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Brilliant Gabor, that did the trick ;)

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

ca you help me to intrgrate a .h file