UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor bochkov
Visitor

Problem of using GTECH and dw_foundation for Xilinx

Hello. Can anybody help me with something problem?

I have an RTL code of synthesizable IP for ASIC. And now I want to prototype it with Xilinx ISE tool. But in my RTL code presents some modules from GTECH library, wich have description by User Defined Primitive and so ISE not understand this for synthes. Also I have in RTL code some simple modules from design ware foundation by Synopsys, such as DW01_add, DW01_bsh, DW01_mux_any. What I need to do to synthesise these modules and all my RTL model with XST of ISE?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: Problem of using GTECH and dw_foundation for Xilinx

@bochkov wrote:

Hello. Can anybody help me with something problem?

I have an RTL code of synthesizable IP for ASIC. And now I want to prototype it with Xilinx ISE tool. But in my RTL code presents some modules from GTECH library, wich have description by User Defined Primitive and so ISE not understand this for synthes. Also I have in RTL code some simple modules from design ware foundation by Synopsys, such as DW01_add, DW01_bsh, DW01_mux_any. What I need to do to synthesise these modules and all my RTL model with XST of ISE?

The IP code uses primitives that are for a specific ASIC family. Your FPGA likely doesn't have those primitives. So it's going to be quite painful, if not impossible, to port the code to an FPGA.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Advisor evgenis1
Advisor

Hi,

Xilinx XST doesn't support User Defined Primitives.

But DesignWare and GTECH libraries have been ported for FPGA. There are several implementations, some of them are publicly available. Just look for the modules you've problems with, e.g. DW01_bsh

Thanks,

Evgeni

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Visitor bochkov
Visitor

Problem resolved!
That decision can someone help in the future. You have to find a library of your Xilinx FPGA for Synopsys and first compile your rtl in DC with the target Xilinx library. Than this netlist ISE understands.

0 Kudos
Newbie anilp9

from where do you get the fpga library ? I'm trying to do the same thing. Can you anyone help ?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Can you let me know how do you get that library files?

from where do you get the fpga library ? I'm trying to do the same thing. Can you anyone help ?

I have also that problem.
0 Kudos