UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor pa3bgr
Visitor

Project archiving fails with non-ASCII character in user name

Jump to solution

hi,

dear forum members,

I wanted to bring your attention to a longtime bug, that still has not been resolved.

Info:

- Vivado version 2015.4.1

- Operating System Windows 7 x64

- My name has an accented character in it, so my user files are at C:\Users\<My Name>.<My Domain>

- Xilinx is installed at D:\Xilinx

When trying to archive the project, Vivado treats this character as <CR> <LF>, so I have to save the archive outside of my user account.

Workaround: none

I wonder whether you even test your software...  Why don't you have a repository for bug reports, with feedback from your developers? A user's forum is way too unstructured for proper softwaste development. (that wasn't a typo)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor pa3bgr
Visitor

Re: Project archiving fails with non-ASCII character in user name

Jump to solution

Thanks Geoff, that could work. I will experiment with adding SUBST and un-SUBST to the Vivado batch file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Had a similar issue with another tool.   I used the DOS "SUBST" command to create an alias. 

SUBST Z:\  C:\blah\blah\blah\............................\project

The tool didn't deal with spaces,characters in path names, so we aliased the long and complicated path to Z:.

From what I could tell, it operated reliably ike a normal drive, and showed in window explorer normally, etc...

Visitor pa3bgr
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks Geoff, that could work. I will experiment with adding SUBST and un-SUBST to the Vivado batch file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos