UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Remote Synthesis Configuration Fails

Hi all,

I would like to configure a remote host in Vivado to perform Synthesis and I'm having some trouble. I am following UG904.

If I try with Vivado 2015 in Ubuntu 14, the connection works fine but the Synthesis doesn't because the Versions of Vivado are not the same.

Screenshot from 2017-03-01 124216.png

When I then try the same in a computer running Ubuntu 16 and Vivado 2016.3, I cannot even connect to the server:

Selection_020.png

All the SSH-related stuff (adding the keys) was properly configured and if I execute in Linux the following command, the connection works fine.

ssh -q -o BatchMode=yes imTP

I'm not really sure if the problem is related to Vivado 2016.3 or to Ubuntu 2016.3.

Has anyone experimented similar issues?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ignacio

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor evgenis1
Advisor

Re: Remote Synthesis Configuration Fails

Hi @imgignacio ,

I was recently told by FAE that synthesis on remote hosts is not supported. Only implementation is.

So try to run the entire build (Synth + Impl) on remote host and see if it's any different. I suspect, Vivado might silently run synthesis on local host, and implementation on remote.

Also, try to run this in command-line TCL mode. It'll give you more verbose output of what's going on.

From TCL console, open the project and schedule run:

% open_project <proj>.xpr

% get_runs

% launch_runs -force -host {<hostname> <num_jobs>} <run_name>

Thanks,

Evgeni

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Remote Synthesis Configuration Fails

Hi @evgenis1,

thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately I didn't have the time yet to test if I can run Synthesis or Implementation by using the TCL console. As soon as I try it I will let you know if it worked.

Regards,

Ignacio

0 Kudos