UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant mr-read
Participant

Reported warnings are doubled

Jump to solution

After upgrading to Vivado 2018.2.1 I noticed the reported number of warnings in Synthesis (and Implementation) are doubled. In the screenshot below 2,321 warnings were generated during synthesis but 4,642 are reported in the project messages below. These duplicate warnings cannot be deleted like user-generated warnings can be and appear to be simply reported twice. 

Double_Warnings.PNG

Is there a fix for this issue coming soon?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Reported warnings are doubled

Jump to solution

Hi @mr-read,

This seems like an issue of inconsistent updating of synthesis warnings. 

And it is already reported to the factory. - It may get fixed in next versions of Vivado.

Once the synthesis run completes , and then if you click on the 2321 warnings, what do you see ? Is the number get changed?

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mr-read,

Please share a test case in order to report it to development team.

Thanks and regards,

Raj.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @mr-read,

This seems like an issue of inconsistent updating of synthesis warnings. 

And it is already reported to the factory. - It may get fixed in next versions of Vivado.

Once the synthesis run completes , and then if you click on the 2321 warnings, what do you see ? Is the number get changed?

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Participant mr-read
Participant

Jump to solution

Hi @rshekhaw,

I have attached a simple project example that instantiates a fifo. After running synthesis the tool reports 104 warnings in the Synthesis window, but 208 warnings in the Messages screen. If I open the warnings in the Messages window it shows 104 warnings for Synthesis, so I'm assuming the Messages tool is counting both the total number of warnings and the number of warnings per source (i.e. OOC Module Runs, synth_1, etc.)

This behavior is consitent for all Messages counts (Errors, Critical Warnings, etc.)

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mr-read,

As mentioned in @hemangd post, the issue is already shared with development team and they are working on that, will be fixed in future Vivado release.

Thanks,

Raj.

0 Kudos
Participant mr-read
Participant

Jump to solution

Thanks @rshekhaw and @hemangd.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mr-read,

If you don't have further query on this, please close this thread by marking it as accepted solution. 

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos