UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor muleman
Visitor

Run all Synthesis strategies in one run

Hello,

Is there any way that I can synthesis my design using all the 8 synthesis strategies available in Vivado and have one synthesis report for each? Now the following TCL is the command that starts the synthesis.

start_gui
open_project /~/project_1/project_1.xpr
open_project /~/project_1/project_1.xpr
launch_runs synth_1 -job 2

I don't know if there is an option to choose the strategies from TCL? Also please let me know if I can loop through all the strategies. Thanks!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Run all Synthesis strategies in one run

Hey @muleman,

Is there any way that I can synthesis my design using all the 8 synthesis strategies available in Vivado and have one synthesis report for each?

You need to create a run for each strategy and then you can even run them in parallel.

See UG835, create_run, launch_run and wait_on_run.

Hope this helps,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos
Visitor muleman
Visitor

Thanks!

create_run -flow {Vivado Synthesis 2016} -strategy {Flow_AreaOptimized_high} synth_21
create_run -flow {Vivado Synthesis 2016} -strategy {Flow_AreaOptimized_medium} synth_23
create_run -flow {Vivado Synthesis 2016} -strategy {Flow_AlternateRoutability} synth_24
create_run -flow {Vivado Synthesis 2016} -strategy {Flow_AreaMultThresholdDSP} synth_25
create_run -flow {Vivado Synthesis 2016} -strategy {Flow_PerfOptimized_high} synth_26
create_run -flow {Vivado Synthesis 2016} -strategy {Flow_PerfThresholdCarry} synth_27
create_run -flow {Vivado Synthesis 2016} -strategy {Flow_RuntimeOptimized}  synth_28

launch_runs synth_21 synth_23 synth_24 synth_25 synth_26 synth_27 synth_28 -job 4

wait_on_run synth_21
wait_on_run synth_23
wait_on_run synth_24
wait_on_run synth_25
wait_on_run synth_26
wait_on_run synth_27
wait_on_run synth_28

Just checking if I did it right. After the lunch_runs command nothing is happening. It only shows that the synthesis is in a READY state. What do you do to actually start the synthesis process (hit the "Run synthesis" button)?

Also is that how you specify the wait_on_run command in order to block each synthesis until it is done. The running them all in parallel you mentioned , I was not able to find any information on that in the UG.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @muleman

Which OS are you using? Can you share screenshot of "design runs" window?

The commands are correct.

In this case as you specified the number of jobs as 4, the first four synthesis runs will be launched in parallel first, the remained runs will be in "queued" state. One the first four synthesis runs complete, the remaining runs will be launched. 

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos