UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Schematic optimization using synthesis attributes

Hi, 

I have a problem on the schematic obtained by the synthesis for two different types of memory. I premise that I am synthesizing on a Virtex 7.
I briefly descriped my problem:
Two modules: module_lattice module_buffer.

- The module "module_lattice" contains a single lattice with a dimension of 100*100 bits and this module is instantiated twice. The lattice is declared as: (*keep = "true"*) reg [99:0] lattice [99:0];

- The module "module_buffer" contains a memory formed by 26*1000 bits and the module is instantiated just once. This memory is declared as: (*keep = "true"*) reg [25:0] buffer [999:0];. In addition, this module presents the attribute (*dont_touch = "true"*) before its declaration, otherwise the entire module is trimmed away (and i can't understand why). 

The two lattices declared before don't show any type of problem and they are assigned to RAM blocks in the schematic; the buffer, instead, slows down everything, without using any RAM instantiation. When I expand the module_buffer in the schematic view (it takes several minutes), it shows a more than huge entanglement of wires among FDRE flip flops. 
I've also tried to move the (*dont_touch = "true"*) on the level above which instantiates module_lattice and also using the attribute (*ram_style = "block"*) but nothing seems work. Here some images:

Here the lattice's RAM:lattice.png

The entanglement: entanglement.png

The buffer flip flops: flipflop.png

Any suggestion?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Schematic optimization using synthesis attributes

Hi,

Compare the RAM code between two modules. i.e., module_lattice, module_buffer.
Also can you post the module_buffer code here?

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos