Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guetguet
Visitor
Visitor

Signal unconnected in a block

Hello everyone !

I have a serious problem for 2 hours ... I think the solution must be easy but I don't know what to do. So the XST tool shows me a lot of warning. Several of them is due to a signal which is not connected according the XST Tool. But in my implementation, the signals which are unconnected according the XST tool are connected. Thus I don't understand why the XST detects those signals as not connected. Bellow is a part of the warnings :

WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <cycle> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <stepX2S1_31> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <invROM1Douta> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <invROM1Doutb> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <invROM2Doutb> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <VphaseAccumulator3_31> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <invROM1DoutaS1> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <invROM1DoutbS1> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <invROM2DoutbS1> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <invROM2Douta> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <invROM1DoutaS2> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <invROM1DoutbS2> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <invROM2DoutbS2> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <invROM2DoutaS1> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_0> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_1> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_2> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_3> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_4> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_5> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_6> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_7> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_8> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_9> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_10> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.
WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node <Douta_ROM1S2_11> of sequential type is unconnected in block <SweepJammingDDSInst>.

Please find as an attachment the file which contains my architecture and its entity.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
eteam00
Instructor
Instructor

The clue may be in some of the other 'logic trimmed' warning messages.  Trace the trimmed signal to its source, and see if its source is also trimmed.  This is tedious work, but sometimes necessary.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

It's likely that the problem is not in the module you posted, but in its connections at the higher

level.  Make sure that the module's reset and clock inputs are properly driven, and the the

module's outputs are actually used (not "trimmed").

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
sauravs
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This warning indicates that the sequential signal in the block is unconnected and will be removed. This is a common warning during Synthesis optimization. It does not always indicate a coding error. If thePost-Synthesis/Translate simulation shows the design functions correctly, you can safely ignore this warning. 

If this signal is not expected to be unconnected or removed, check if thedownstream loads of this signal are correctly connected. To preventthis signalfrombeing removed, add KEEP and S (Save Net Flag) constraints to it. For the syntax of the constraints, please refer to Constraints Guide.

0 Kudos