UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor mbeziouch
Visitor

Synplify attributes

Hello,
I want to use synplify attributes such as syn_keep and syn_preserve for a Vivado 2017.4 project.
For that I'm calling the synplify library as follows:

library synplify;
use synplify.attributes.all; 

But I'm getting an error during compilation  [Synth 8-4169] error in use clause: package 'attributes' not found in library 'synplify'

I checked in the installation directory of Vivado and I found a vhdl package synattr which is defining the attributes package of synplify library.

Do I miss something?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar jmcclusk
Scholar

Re: Synplify attributes

I think you need to add the file "synattr.vhd" to the project explicitly.    I don't think Vivado is searching that directory and loading the package just based on the library declaration alone.    This only works for IEEE packages,  I think.  

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor mbeziouch
Visitor

Re: Synplify attributes

Hello @jmcclusk

When trying to add this file to project it won't (i.e. it doesn't appear in the source list), it's like if the tool prevent me doing so.

So I guess there is another way to do

0 Kudos