UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Synthesis -[Common 17-102] error

Jump to solution

I've recently started encountering the following Synthesis error - 

[Common 17-102] Failed writing to file /media/cn1lab005/dataFYP/vivado_projects/fyp/MASTER_AXI_ACC/FullBD_BITGEN_Demo/FullBD_BITGEN_Demo.runs/synth_1/.Xil/Vivado-7941-cn1lab005/dcp101/design_1_smartconnect_2_0.edf.

This error occurs only for this project.
When I opened other projects and ran Synthesis, I did not face any problems. Synthesis completed successfully.

What could possibly be the reason for this error ? And how to I resolve it ?

Thanks 

Regards

Jagannath

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Synthesis -[Common 17-102] error

Jump to solution

Turns out I had run out of memory. That's why the tool failed to create the file.

This project is huge as it contains a block design with a lot of IPs. Probably the tool wanted to create a file of bigger size (compared to other projects whose Synthesis worked).

When I deleted some old files and made some space available, Synthesis worked as usual.

Use df -h to check how much space is available whenever you encounter errors like failed writing to a file.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Synthesis -[Common 17-102] error

Jump to solution

Turns out I had run out of memory. That's why the tool failed to create the file.

This project is huge as it contains a block design with a lot of IPs. Probably the tool wanted to create a file of bigger size (compared to other projects whose Synthesis worked).

When I deleted some old files and made some space available, Synthesis worked as usual.

Use df -h to check how much space is available whenever you encounter errors like failed writing to a file.