Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tallman18
Observer
Observer

Synthesis & Implementation Problem

Hi all,

I really dont know where and how to state this problem. I'm working on a project and to test it on hardware I copied the project folder

to another PC which is actually a logic analyzer form TI.  The hardware is tied to this PC so I tested the project on this computer.

After the test and a little change I transfered the project folder back to my own PC. However, the project did not synthesize.

I see that it start to synthesize then pass to implementation phase but do not finish and go back to synthesize phase again and again.

It goes on along time and do not finish. I stop it manually. Here is the "nonsense" part, when I change my PCs date to one day forth

and restart the synthesize it works properly. I know that it is a weird situation, but I do not know what to do...

Any idea, help appriciated..Thanks..

Mahir,

P.S.  my PC:  Windows XP v.2002 Service Pack 3 (Turkish), ISE 9.2.04i j40

logic analyzer PC:  Windows XP v.2002 Service Pack 3 (English), ISE 9.2.04i j40

Message Edited by tallman18 on 10-01-2009 12:42 AM
0 Kudos
3 Replies
matthias.meurer
Observer
Observer

Hi,

claenup your project files (in ISE: Project --> Claenup Project Files...) and try again. Maybe this could help.

Regards,

Matthias

0 Kudos
tallman18
Observer
Observer

I cleaned up project before movıng the project folder, and after error I dıd ıt more tımes but dıd not work.

Thanks...

Mahır 

0 Kudos
gszakacs
Instructor
Instructor

ISE uses the date of file modification to check whether a process needs to be run again.

It keeps a single date of last completion in the ISE database.  This date is generated from the

clock on the computer where you run synthesis, etc.  The modification date for files is

generated by the host operating system.  For most networks, this means the date is assigned

by the computer which stores the files locally.  So if you have a file that is actually stored

on a remote computer (or "network drive") the file modification date could be newer than the

current time on your computer.  This can happen in a Windows environment if both machines

have the same time and date displayed, but are not set on the same time zone.

When you copied the files back to your computer, the default action for Windows is to leave

the modification date unchanged.  So again any file that was modified on the remote computer

could have a modification date newer than the current date.  One way to get around this if

your files are stored locally is to "touch" (in the Unix sense, i.e. re-write the modification date)

all the source files locally before you start the build.  You can accomplish this manually by

opening each source, making a simple change like adding a space to the end of a line and

then saving it.  If you have MKS toolkit or some other unix-like commands on your computer

you can "touch" the source files that way.

You may want to look at your sources in an explorer window, detail view and check the

modified date.

HTH,

Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos