cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stendek
Visitor
Visitor

Synthesis error in ISE 7.1i. Help please!

Jump to solution

Hi.
I have compiled the different source files of my ISE project, but when I proceed to synthesize them, two error messages appear.

The error messages are:

ERROR:HDLParsers:340 - "F:/Sanchez/Aritmetica/FDTDv1-enteros/tipos.vhd" Entity <mainfdtd> does not exist in library <work>.

ERROR:Xst:1867 - Entity <mainfdtd> not found, Recompile it.

No matter if I try to synthesize a component source or the main source (mainfdtd), the same error messages appear. However, it seems to me rather strange, because the "tipos.vhd" source is a VHDL package file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stendek
Visitor
Visitor

Hi.

I have solved the problem, although I don't know the reason why this was an error.

I just deleted the tipos.vhd file from my project and everything worked.

But the tipos.vhd file contains a package with constants and type definitions, and the rest of files in the project include a "use work.tipos" clause, so I don't understand why this file must be taken away from the project.

Thanks.

Jose from University of Alicante, Spain.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
eilert
Teacher
Teacher

Hi,

if your file contains both, entity and architecture, the most possible cause seems to be some simple typo.

there are only three lines wher the entity name appears (aside from configuration stuff)

entity xxx is

end xxx;

architecture yyy of xxx is

Carefully reread these lines, or let someone else do it. 

mainfdfd

mainfdtd

maintdtd

looks all very much the same for the human eye. ;-)

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert

0 Kudos
stendek
Visitor
Visitor

Hi.

I have solved the problem, although I don't know the reason why this was an error.

I just deleted the tipos.vhd file from my project and everything worked.

But the tipos.vhd file contains a package with constants and type definitions, and the rest of files in the project include a "use work.tipos" clause, so I don't understand why this file must be taken away from the project.

Thanks.

Jose from University of Alicante, Spain.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
eilert
Teacher
Teacher

Hi Jose,

a package is not a synthesizable model.

Maybe that's why you got the strange error message.

Check your synthesis report, and you probably see some info about processing the package file tipos.vhd.

Also, removing a file from the sources window does not mean, that it's also deleted from the library window, so it may still be part of your project, but no longer be assumed to contain a synthesizable model.

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert 

0 Kudos
bassman59
Historian
Historian

eilert wrote:

Hi Jose,

a package is not a synthesizable model.

Maybe that's why you got the strange error message.

I use packages all the time with synthesizable code. Perhaps the ancient 7.1 tools have issues with them?

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos