UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Synthesis error

Synthesis error

Using ISE Design Suite 14.7

I have written a code for Full Adder, When I run the synthesis, it shows absolutely no error or warnings but still the synthesis fails.

When I then try to simulate the same code (Synthesis Failed one) it works perfectly fine.
Because of the synthesis failure I am not able to implement the design or get any schematic.

Please Help 

Re: Synthesis error

Hi @sudiptaiitkgp

Are you seeing same behavior with ISE example design as well? Please check this at your end. Which OS you are using?

Make sure you are using supported OS, please refer below link page 7 for more information on this:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/irn.pdf

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @sudiptaiitkgp,

What does the log or message console indicate? Try synthesizing any simple user code to check if this issue is reproducing at synthesis stage.

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @sudiptaiitkgp,

1. Are you able to synthesize the example designs?
  2. Are you using supported OS? Please go through page-7 of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/irn.pdf
  3. Can you try in a different system and see if you are able to synthesize the code.
  4. Also attach the code here for us to check.
Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

I haven't tried for example designs

I am using Windows 10 64 bit. This is in the supported OS

I tried it on another friends computer and it worked fine

Code : 

module FullAdder(
input a, b, cin,
output cout, sum
);

wire a_1, b_1, cin_1;

and and1(a_1, a, b);
and and2(b_1, b, cin);
and and3(cin_1, cin, a);

or or1(cout, a_1, b_1, cin_1);

xor xor1(sum,a,b,cin);

endmodule

Hi @sudiptaiitkgp,

This issue should be OS specific, since the full adder module which you shared synthesizes well at my end. I use ISE 14.7 in Windows 7. Moreover, this might be due to instability since Xilinx does not officially support using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 with ISE Design Suite. This can be confirmed in this document page. no 7, AR#62380 and AR#18419. Since there are no errors or warnings to debug, I believe the best option would be to test in supported OS.

Thanks & Regards,
Prathik
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos