Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlosZ_Clue
Visitor
Visitor

Synthesis inference templates for Block RAM ECC in Vivado

Dear Xilinx community members,

We are looking for Block RAM ECC synthesis inference templates (to have complete portability of the code to multiple architectures) to be used in an UltraScale+ device.

In ug573, Chapter 1, section "Built-in Error Correction", the following is indicated:

"Block RAM ECC VHDL and Verilog Templates

VHDL and Verilog templates are available in the Vivado Design Suite."

However in Vivado Design Suite Language Templates I can only find synthesis inference templates (Synthesis constructs -> Example Modules or Coding Examples) without ECC (see attached image).

Do the Block RAM ECC templates, mentioned in ug573, only apply for primitive instantiations and XPMs but not for synthesis inference? Is there a way to infer Block RAM with ECC?

Kind regards,

Carlos

CarlosZ_Clue_1-1627400403678.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
maps-mpls
Mentor
Mentor

Judging by UG901, no.

*** Destination: Rapid design and development cycles *** Please remember to give internet points to those who help you here. ***
0 Kudos
CarlosZ_Clue
Visitor
Visitor

Hi maps-mpls,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I had looked at UG901 and saw no reference to synthesis inference templates for RAMs with ECC.

By now we assume there is none, but if any other Xilinx community member knows about it and could point us to the template, I would really appreciate his/her answer.

Kind regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
maps-mpls
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Carlos,

In UG573, try to click on this:

maps-mpls_0-1627569303768.png

It could be a documentation error, and this feedback (last time I tried it) goes to the document author (or person now responsible for the document).

Or contact your FAE.

*** Destination: Rapid design and development cycles *** Please remember to give internet points to those who help you here. ***
0 Kudos
CarlosZ_Clue
Visitor
Visitor

Hi maps-mpls,

Thanks for your suggestion, I've never tried the send feedback feature, I think is a good idea, I'll try it and post here what I find out.

Kind regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos