UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Synthesis is not working on Vivado 2015.4

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to synthesize my design on Vivado 2015.4 using Run Synthesis. It absolutely does nothing. I only get that Running synth_design loading bar at the top right of the Vivado window, while the synthesis is entirely BLANK!

This is happening with the whole designs I tried.

xilinx_support.JPG

I tried to uninstall and then re-install the version I have, but situation remained the same.

The only thing worked is using the TCL command "synth_design" which, successfully synthesised my design, but again that won't work for running implementation.

Is there any solution I can follow to overcome this problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Synthesis is not working on Vivado 2015.4

Jump to solution

Hello @harshit @prathikm,

I fixed it!!

Below, I will show the steps I followed to solve that problem.

1- I followed @harshit instructions, and ran "runme.bat" on windows prompt.. It gave me this message

CScript_error.JPG

"CScript Error: Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details."

2- I could deduce that the problem was because Windows Script Host so, I followed the instructions in this link to check and enable Windows Script Host Services.

3- Additionally, SmaDav antivirus is another reason of this problem. SmaDav disables Windows Script Services as a part of its protection role. This option should be reviewed, in order to disable this option, which will enable the windows to run scripts, as shown in the following picture.

smadav_script.jpg

You can also follow the steps shown in this Video.

You guys really saved me. I was beyond desperate. Thank you so much! :)

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Jump to solution
Try to follow the TCL commands which are mentioned on page 69 of UG 892 https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_4/ug892-vivado-design-flows-overview.pdf

You need t write design checkpoint manually after synthe_design which is a design netlist. Try it. It should work. If possible try with the latest release of vivado.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thank you. This has saved my life.

What about solving the problem? What caused Vivado to behave that way?

My laptop got infected by a shortcut virus 3 days ago. I could disinfect my laptop using some antivirus programs.

This is the only unexpected occurrence that had happened before Vivado began to behave that weird way.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Try to install vivado again and if possible try with latest release. And also try to synthesis some example design.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @asobeih,

Which specific OS are you working on?

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hey @prathikm,

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @asobeih,

Can you try running Vivado 2016.4 or 2017.1 in the same machine (even a Webpack will do)? Also, as all designs have the same issue, this is not design specific.

["My laptop got infected by a shortcut virus 3 days ago. I could disinfect my laptop using some antivirus programs.

This is the only unexpected occurrence that had happened before Vivado began to behave that weird way."]

From your statement I assume Vivado 2015.4 was working perfectly before this occurrence. Can you please work on removing this? As you are also using a supported OS.

Regards,
Prathik
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@prathikm @harshit,

While working now, I just observed this responses in the TCL command window.

xilinx_support.JPG

I surfed up the supporting forum, seems like many others are facing the same problem:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Synthesis/WARNING-Vivado-12-1017-Problems-encountered-1-PID-not-specified/td-p/761738/highlight/false

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Synthesis/SYNTHESis-DOEsN-T-START/td-p/537407

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Yes, your assumption is true.

I am not quite following you at that part " Can you please work on removing this? As you are also using a supported OS. "

You mean I should removed this statement of my laptop got infected?
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @asobeih,

Looking at your statement "This is the only unexpected occurrence that had happened before Vivado began to behave that weird way." my suggestion was to get this infected disk cleared since it shows Vivado was working properly before this occurrence.

Also one more suggestion was to try with 2016.4 or 2017.1. 

Regards,
Prathik

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @prathikm,

I already cleared the disk, and everything is working just fine, even using Vivado in Non-Project mode (using TCL command to synthesis and implement the design), based on @harshit suggestion is working fine.

I do not think the virus was the problem, taking in mind that I already re-installed the whole Vivado environment.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@prathikm @harshit

I tried to do the following:

1- report_environment, and seems like the MSVCP80.DLL, MSVCR71.DLL , MSVCR80.DLL were not found (check the attached file "my.txt").

Is that normal?!

2- I went to a project (Half_Adder), which was successfully synthesised before. I attempted running a synthesis run "synth_2". I went to the following path "\Half_Adder\Half_Adder.runs\synth_2". I ran runme.bat.

You can check the runme.sh file in the attached files.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing the xinfo. Those DLL are fine even they have the same value at our end. Instead of sharing the runme.sh try to run runme.bat because you have a windows platform.

If possible use cmd to run runme.bat with /k options. Check the snapshot.

Capture.PNG

Could you please go to project/runs/synth_1 folder and try to run runme (windows batch file) and share the runme which is a text document present in the same directory.

Most probably this issue is because of jscript.dll.Go to cmd> right click run as administrator> type the below command.

regsvr32 jscript.dll you should see the below message.

Capturewqqw.PNG

Try both of them and share the outcome.

Thanks,

Harshit

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello @harshit @prathikm,

I fixed it!!

Below, I will show the steps I followed to solve that problem.

1- I followed @harshit instructions, and ran "runme.bat" on windows prompt.. It gave me this message

CScript_error.JPG

"CScript Error: Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details."

2- I could deduce that the problem was because Windows Script Host so, I followed the instructions in this link to check and enable Windows Script Host Services.

3- Additionally, SmaDav antivirus is another reason of this problem. SmaDav disables Windows Script Services as a part of its protection role. This option should be reviewed, in order to disable this option, which will enable the windows to run scripts, as shown in the following picture.

smadav_script.jpg

You can also follow the steps shown in this Video.

You guys really saved me. I was beyond desperate. Thank you so much! :)

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hi @asobeih

Thank you very much for sharing the solution. This would really help other users in future with similar issues.

@harshit thanks!

Regards,
Prathik

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you very much. I had same problem. It helped me.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Newbie susannelson

Jump to solution

Your article is great and rewarding. I like it very much. Hope to read more posts from you. street view

0 Kudos
Newbie susannelson

Jump to solution

I clicked to your website and it’s quite interesting. I see so many things that I haven’t known before. Thank you for submitted your website. gmail login

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I am glad to know this. Thank you so much for your words.

0 Kudos
Newbie susannelson

Jump to solution

I realize that this content is worth to read. I expect to see more posts from you that makes me impressed just like this one. Good job!! gmail login

0 Kudos