UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Synthesis of dcp - elimination of redundant clocks

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to speed up synthesis of large design for ASIC to FPGA application. Using verilog.

I have presynthesized one large block, the "Core|" using the OOC synth flow. I then read the Core.dcp file into the main design.

There are a number of clocks in the Core module. Some of these are redundant, as they are only used for ASIC test, e.g. test_clk_x.

If I synthesize the Core module OOC , then the test_clk_x and all parts of its logic cone are build into the netlist. However when the Core.dcp is synthesised as part of main design, test_clk_x == GND at top level. 

Will the top level synthesis process or subsequent OPT process successfully eliminate the redundant logic?

Thanks SImon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Synthesis of dcp - elimination of redundant clocks

Jump to solution

HI Simon,

After synthesis, the opt_design phase is usually run and this will perform logic optimization and remove any redundant logic.

Refer to the section called Logic Optimization in UG904. It will explain what the various switches in the opt_design does.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Cheers,

David

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

HI Simon,

After synthesis, the opt_design phase is usually run and this will perform logic optimization and remove any redundant logic.

Refer to the section called Logic Optimization in UG904. It will explain what the various switches in the opt_design does.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Cheers,

David

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Hi,

I suspected this is what happens in OPT.

Thanks for confirming.

Thanks for the prompt support.
0 Kudos