Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Synthesis taking too long time -Vivado 2014.4 System Edition

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I am trying to generate the bitstream from the Project given in document (xapp1234-kcu105-axi-quad-spi), specially for the Project folder enhance quad mode. In fact i have downloaded it from the given link in that Manual and created the Project using Vivado 2014.1. In my case synthesis takes more than 1 day and still ist is not ending. Anybody is having any previous experience with this.?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@mgdudhat 

Thank you for your reply. 

If you do not have further questions on it then feel free to close this thread by marking it as accepted solution so the community remains healthy.

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted

How much memory (RAM) does your computer have?  The biggest factor, in my experience is how much RAM you have.  How many CPU cores?  A multi-core computer can perform several synthesis tasks in parallel, although it won't help much with place & route.  Can you try a newer version of Vivado?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Thanks. Actually my Laptop having 8GB RAM and ist Intel Core (i3), 2,30GHz. Actually given Project is with this Vivado 2014.4 System Version as per document, so i tried it with that only. In order to avoid any update stuff with IPs, I synthesized this Project with this Version only.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The peak memory that Vivado uses for that device is given in https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado/memory.html as 7GB.  Is your system swapping memory to disk a lot while building the FPGA?  Have you tried closing all other applications while you build?  Once the computer starts to swap physical memory (RAM) for virtual memory (disk) the build times are much longer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@mgdudhat 

It looks like a machine specific issue. Which OS version are you using with this Vivado? 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Hey thanks. all Right. i am using windows 10 Home OS. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@mgdudhat 

Windows 10 is an unsupported OS for Vivado 2014.4.

Kindly use supported OS for it as below. 

OS.PNG

Regards,
hemangd

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@mgdudhat 

Would you like to provide an update on this issue? 

Regards,
hemangd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

hi, i guess that was the Problem (os issue) that you provided. thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@mgdudhat 

Thank you for your reply. 

If you do not have further questions on it then feel free to close this thread by marking it as accepted solution so the community remains healthy.

Regards,
hemangd

View solution in original post

0 Kudos