UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Synthesis time for BFT example project in Vivado

Hi,

I just completed the installation of Vivado v2017.2 under win 10. After that, I leveraged an Vivado example project BFT which is an existing small VHDL FIFO design for further flow testing. For running simulation, the GUI appears and shows something. However, when I clicked to run synthesis, it seems take over 1 hrs and still not finished. The machine is Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.6GHZ with 16GB memory.

My question is if there is any benchmark figures in average  for comparison which how much time it should complete the synthesis for bft example case in Vivado  ? I am not sure it is as is or there is something wrong.

Also, I observed that the Elapsed column doesn't show any time elapsed. Is it normal ? 

Thanks

Nanson 

0831-2.PNG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Synthesis time for BFT example project in Vivado

Some update :

- After 17 hours, the synthesis is still on-going with empty in the elapsed column.

Are there any guidance on this issue ? 

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Are there any comment on this which is still pending ? Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi @nanson;

It should only take a few minutes to run synthesis on the BFT example design depending on your machine.

I have a similar spec'd machine to yours except I'm running Windows 7 with 32gb Ram and it took 49 seconds.

If you can provide the runme.log file from the project_bft\project_bft.runs\synth_1 directory then it may point to what is causing the delay. The project_bft folder name will be whatever you have set it to on your system.

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
0 Kudos