Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajesh.zoho
Observer
Observer

Synthsis taking long time

Jump to solution

Hi,

I did a design vivado 14.4 and tested it. A part of macro from that design addes in vivado 15.4. Now the synthesis running and stuck at one place.  I did synthesis for that macro alone separately in vivado 15.4. but keep on running at same place. waited for 30 min. But in vivado 14.4 its takes less than 10min.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh.M

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start Part Resource Summary
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part Resources:
DSPs: 900 (col length:140)
BRAMs: 1090 (col length: RAMB18 140 RAMB36 70)
Finished Part Resource Summary
INFO: [Synth 8-5580] Multithreading enabled for synth_design using a maximum of 2 processes.
Start Parallel Synthesis Optimization : Time (s): cpu = 00:07:03 ; elapsed = 00:07:11 . Memory (MB): peak = 1055.355 ; gain = 884.902

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rajesh.zoho
Observer
Observer

Hi @all,

I updated vivado  to v2015.4.2.  Now the design is  synthesizing. But I dont know why it is not working in Vivado v2015.4. Thanks for helping me.

Regards  

Rajesh.M

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
prathikm

Hi @rajesh.zoho,

Can you please attach complete run reports/log for both analysis?

Which specific macro is this?

Thanks & Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
rajesh.zoho
Observer
Observer

Hi Moderator,

I attached both version log file here. 

0 Kudos
prathikm

Hi @rajesh.zoho,

Any reason why cascade_dsp is set to force in 2015.4, while the default is auto? Can you please try the default for 2015.4 synthesis and check the run again?

Also since this is affecting cross boundary optimization, can you change the -flatten_hierarchy to none and check the run?

Is it possible for you to test this in Vivado 2017.2 for the run result?

Thanks & Regards,
Prathik
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.

0 Kudos
rajesh.zoho
Observer
Observer

Hi @prathikm

Initially i run this design with cascade_dsp in auto and started trying with all other option. This cascade_dsp is only option newly available in vivado 15.4.

0 Kudos
rajesh.zoho
Observer
Observer

Hi @all,

I updated vivado  to v2015.4.2.  Now the design is  synthesizing. But I dont know why it is not working in Vivado v2015.4. Thanks for helping me.

Regards  

Rajesh.M

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
prathikm

Hi @rajesh.zoho,

Is it possible for you to share the design with us for further analysis?

Thanks & Regards,
Prathik

0 Kudos