Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

SysGen - WARNING:Xst:1710

Hello everyone,

I am working with Xilinx System Generator (v 14.7) and I get this warning (linked to ALL addsub used blocks) when I generate the bitstream file. 

WARNING:Xst:1710 - FF/Latch <.../addsub/prev_mode_93_22_reg_inst/latency_gt_0.fd_array[1].reg_comp/fd_prim_array[2].bit_is_0.fdre_comp> (without init value) has a constant value of 0 in block <..._cw>. This FF/Latch will be trimmed during the optimization process.

Simulink-based simulation works fine, but when I implement the design on the board, I get a very weired behaviour. That is why I ask you if tehre a solution to avoid/ignore this type of warning on the Sysgen Sythesis Task, since I don't have access to the addsub block architecture, neither the .ucf file.

Thank you very much!!

Yassine 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: SysGen - WARNING:Xst:1710

@yazi10

Did you verify these warnings and the signal connections in the design? I think the design does not have any valid connection for these signals and hence tool is removing them. You can use KEEP attribute on these signals in case you want to preserve them.

>> I get a very weired behaviour.

Regarding behaviour issue, try to check post-synth simulation results whether the issue is coming from synthesis or this is a timing related issue.

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SysGen - WARNING:Xst:1710

HI @yazi10

As advised, please do a post-translate or post -route simulation in ISE  and see if the same behavior on the board is repeating in  simulation. That way you can figure out if these warnings are relevant to the performance issue you are seeing.

Also, please share your slx/ mdl file if possible.

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos