UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor tkuseler
Visitor

System generator: MATLAB HW co-cimulation + additional library

Dear All!

I'm trying to do a hardware co-simulation of a System Generator model in the MATLAB software.

The modul contains a Black Box element (VHDL files) .
These VHDL files use an additional library:

LIBRARY MY_LIBRARY;
USE MY_LIBRARY.ALL;

How is it possible to add the library to the model?
At the moment the synthesis tool (xst) called by MATLAB (system generator block -> generate) reports an error on:
ERROR:HDLParsers:3317 - "path/file.vhd" Line 1790. Library MY_LIBRARY cannot be found.

I'm able to add the library manually in the generated ISE but this unfortunately doesn't solve the problem because every time I click the "generate" button in the System Generator model, a new ISE project  is generated, the library is lost and the HW co-simulation doesn't work.

Thanks very much!

Torben
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: System generator: MATLAB HW co-cimulation + additional library

tkuseler wrote:
Dear All!

I'm trying to do a hardware co-simulation of a System Generator model in the MATLAB software.

The modul contains a Black Box element (VHDL files) .
These VHDL files use an additional library:

LIBRARY MY_LIBRARY;
USE MY_LIBRARY.ALL;

How is it possible to add the library to the model?
At the moment the synthesis tool (xst) called by MATLAB (system generator block -> generate) reports an error on:
ERROR:HDLParsers:3317 - "path/file.vhd" Line 1790. Library MY_LIBRARY cannot be found.

In the XST user guide, look up "library search order."

I'm able to add the library manually in the generated ISE but this unfortunately doesn't solve the problem because every time I click the "generate" button in the System Generator model, a new ISE project  is generated, the library is lost and the HW co-simulation doesn't work.
Oh, that's pretty evil.
----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Visitor tkuseler
Visitor

Hi,

bassman59 wrote:

thank you very much for the response.

Is was already aware of the -lso parameter, but I have unfortunately no idea where to add the parameter.

1. Question: Where is the "xst" called in the System Generator environment, where do I have the add additional parameters?

2. Question: Is it possible to stop the System Generator from always creating a complete new  project?

Thanks in advance!

Torben

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

tkuseler wrote:
Hi,

bassman59 wrote:

thank you very much for the response.

Is was already aware of the -lso parameter, but I have unfortunately no idea where to add the parameter.

1. Question: Where is the "xst" called in the System Generator environment, where do I have the add additional parameters?

2. Question: Is it possible to stop the System Generator from always creating a complete new  project?

Thanks in advance!

Torben

You set the library search order in the Synthesis options. By default it uses a file called projname.lso, and also by default it contains the name of the work library.

As to the System Generator stuff, you're on your own -- I have no idea what it does, nor do I want to go there.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos