Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Unknown Vivado Synth Error

Jump to solution

I was trying to Generate the Bitstream for my deisng project after making a few fixes to a custom IP.  However, I got the below message and my Synthesis run terminated.  I can't find any information on how to correct the issue, so any help would be appreciated.

HARTNlOptGeneric::nloptAssert: Unexpected error in File synth/rtx/syn/nlopt/HARTNlOptFrameWork.cxx Line number 859
An unrecoverable error has occurred, synthesis cancelled.
TclStackFree: incorrect freePtr. Call out of sequence?

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I am using Vivado 2013.3 with Window 7-64bit

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Unknown Vivado Synth Error

Jump to solution

I have reverted my project back to Vivado 2013.2 and I don't get the error message that I received in Vivado 2013.3.

Unless there is a beta version for Vivado 2013.4, I guess I will stay with Vivado 2013.2 until the new software is released...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Could you please post the hs_err_pid.log so that we can check?

Try to synthesis your design using Flow_runtimeoptimized strategy.

123.JPG

Already there is CR on this issue which will be fixed in 2013.4

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

In addition to Har**bleep**'s reply, please provide the Synthesis runme.log file to see at what stage the error is seen.

Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Attached are the 2 log files that were asked for: runme.log and hs_err_pid.log.  The hs_err_pid.log however appears to be older because it was last modified in September 2013 before I made a few small modifications to keep certain aspects of the project confidential.

I attempted to try running the synthesis run for my design using Flow_runtimeoptimized strategy, but the same message was shown in the console with the process appearing to freeze/hang from that point on.

Can you tell me when Vivado 2013.4 will be released?  If it is not within the next few days, is there a way that I can get a patch for Vivado 2013.3 that will solve this issue.  The project I am working on has a strict deadline and issues like this across all of the Xilinx Software Platforms have caused us delays as we have had to migrate our project from ISE 14.5 to PlanAhead 14.5, to Vivado 2013.2, and finally to Vivado 2013.3.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Could you please try the above workaround? As already there is CR on this issue.

Regarding 2013.4 till now release date is not declared.

Thanks
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I did try that workaround, but forgot to mention it in my last reply, until I just edited my reply.  The workaround didn't solve anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
The tentative release date is exactly after 2 weeks. It would not be possible to get a patch as there are multiple CR's which have been collectively fixed in 2013.4 and all related to the crash after Area Optimization and its also very near to the new version's release date.
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Debrajr,

Since a patch appears to be out of the question, and I assume you are saying that the tentative release data for Vivado 2013.4 is within the next 2 weeks (?!?!), is there a possibility to get a beta version of the software since I am under a huge time crunch?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I have reverted my project back to Vivado 2013.2 and I don't get the error message that I received in Vivado 2013.3.

Unless there is a beta version for Vivado 2013.4, I guess I will stay with Vivado 2013.2 until the new software is released...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
We dont have any provision of a Beta Release but if you have any Xilinx FAE who covers your site then you can ask him for an Early Access of 2013.4, but I think it wont be needed as you have moved back to 2013.2 and the release is scheduled around mid Dec (subject to changes based on last minute build regressions). We cannot commit on any date hence consider a release after 2 weeks.
Regards,
Debraj

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thank you Debraj,  I will get in contact with my FAE.

0 Kudos