Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2015.4 Abnormal program termination during DRC

Jump to solution

Hi

I would like to use Vivado 2015.4 Tcl Shell for a out-of-context-mode estimation of resource usage for a DFT core. The DFT core is from the famous spiral.net DFT core generator and wrapped with hand-coded VHDL. I use a tcl script for estimating the resource usage via non-project-mode synthesis and implementation.

After the logic optimization step, I would like to generate a DRC report. During this, Vivado encounters a "Abnormal program termination" and stops running. I attached all relevant design files, the compilation tcl script, its outputs, and the error dump in a zip file.

What can I change to not crash Vivado?

Cheers

error.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Vivado 2015.4 Abnormal program termination during DRC

Jump to solution

@the_box

I looked into the shared design and script at my end. With 2016.2 design is passing, can you migrate your design to 2016.2?

Capture.PNG

If not, try to disable multi-threading in your script and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@the_box

I looked into the shared design and script at my end. With 2016.2 design is passing, can you migrate your design to 2016.2?

Capture.PNG

If not, try to disable multi-threading in your script and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
Anusheel
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

@anusheel

I'm using Vivado 2016.2 now and the compilation is successful. Thank you!

Cheers

0 Kudos